Sunday, January 22, 2012

"All They Ever See is Marilyn Monroe..."

I recently saw My Week With Marilyn. It was so amazing. It's about when Marilyn Monroe was making a movie with Sir Laurence Olivier. A young man named Colin Clark was helping with the movie. He's very interested in film, but even more fantasied with Marilyn (as most of the men on set, and everywhere else, are). Marilyn Monroe shares her secrets and the other side of Marilyn with Colin. Colin sees her ups and downs and her beauty: whether that be the blissful and careless kind, or the dark and depressing. This movie was wonderful. I am a huge fan of Marilyn Monroe, and I find her life to be very interesting. 


Here are a few quotes said by Marilyn Monroe:

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
“If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.”
No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they’re pretty, even if they aren’t.
"What do I wear in bed? Why Chanel No. 5, of course."
"A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her."
"Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're going to fail at everything. So keep your head high, your chin up, and most importantly keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” 
"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, I'm already better then them anyway."
"I'm not interested in money, I just want to be wonderful."


No comments:

Post a Comment