Friday, January 13, 2012

Love At First Sight: Me and Edie.

Meet Edie
 
Edie, named after Edie Sedgwick, a 1960s superstar and model, is my kitten. She's adorable and I love her very much. I decided to adopt her from a shelter called Cat Haven. They are a non euthanizing shelter which means they do not put any animals to sleep because they are too crowded. Edie was one of four who's mother's owner abandoned her when she found out she was pregnant. An elderly couple found Edie's mama and saved her life, then brought her to Cat Haven. I encourage everyone who can to adopt an animal. It saves a life, and it's pretty inexpensive. Edie was $90 which included her first set of shots, getting her fixed, a microchip in her in case she get's lost and a vet finds her, a bag of food, and a carrier to bring her home. It was worth it! She naturally knew how to use the litter box, and she listens very well because most cats are pretty smart! She's my baby and I love her. Adopt today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment