Monday, January 30, 2012

Makeup Bag Monday: Don't Make Me Blush!

Today is Monday, so you know what that means! Makeup Bag Monday! Today the makeup of the day is blush! I am going to do a product review on two different ways to do blush. Hope you enjoy!

Sephora Collection: Colorful Blush
What it is:
A collection of blushes with smooth, long wearing coverage to define the cheeks.
What is does:
Available in two beautiful finishes, matte or shimmer, each blush delivers a healthy glow. Now with enhanced mineral and organic pigments, these blushes feature smoother application, boosted color intensity, and longer wear. Enriched with moisturizing ingredients, including the extract of the portulaca plant and a natural peptide, cheeks look smoother, more hydrated, and fresher-looking.
What else you need to know:
The non-comedogenic formula is paraben-free and tested under dermatological supervision.
Research Results:
In a 28-day satisfaction test with 20 volunteers, 95% of women reported that the blush's color lasted all day long and 90% of women reported that the blush gave their complexion a polished, flawless look
Allie's Review:
I love this blush! This summer, I was in New York and I visited one of the Sephoras where I decided I needed to buy a little something. Since my blush had just run out, I decided to ask the employees which blush they recommended. They all voted this one. They picked out which color goes best with my skin, and showed me the perfect way to apply it. It's only 13 dollars, and it lasts forever! I'm still on my first one, and I use it every day.
Allie's Tip:
My friend Taylor taught me a really good way to apply blush. Starting at your temple, then going to the apple of your cheek, then ending at your jaw line, make a number 3 with the blush. It leaves a really natural look! Just be sure not to apply too much at first until you are comfortable with how much looks natural. 

Sephora Collection: Pro Blush Brush #49
What it is:
This brush applies blush and powder beautifully, and makes contouring and highlighting effortless.
What is does:
The angles bristles fit perfectly over the cheekbone, which makes pronouncing your cheeks especially easy. The anti-bacterial bristles are made of nylon and resist residue so you don't have to clean the brush as often as you would with natural fibers.
Allie's Review:
I bought this brush the same time I purchased the blush, and let me tell you; it is amazing! It's definitely the most expensive brush I have, coming in at $32, but it was totally worth it. It is by far the best brush I have ever used and it makes a lot of difference with how your result looks.
Allie's Tip:
Two words: Brush Cleanser. It's really important to use brush cleanser on all of your brushes at least once a week. You put a lot of money into these guys, so it's essential to keep them nice! Some people think that using rubbing alcohol is okay to clean them, but it's not because it eats away the bristles and the glue holding it together! I really like MAC brush cleanser. It's about $13 a bottle, and it makes a lot of difference with your brushes. They look brand new after a two minute cleaning. All you need to do is lay out a napkin, pour a little cleanser on it, and rub your brushes back and forth and it, finishing by rubbing them on a dry napkin (be gentle!). Let them dry for about 5 or 10 minutes. That's it! It's so easy and it makes your brushes last a long time.

Benefit Cosmetics: Benetint
What it is:
The original (and still the best) rose-tinted cheek and lip stain.
What it does:
Benefit Benetint is a kiss-proof and waterproof, indelibly sheer tint. It gives an innocent yet provocative glow to keep everyone guessing, "what has she been up to?"
What else you need to know:
It's the sexiest flush you can get from a bottle.
Allie's Review:
This stain is awesome because you can wear it on your cheeks, or on your lips. It smells like roses! It's $29 a bottle, but it lasts forever! I'm talking years! 
Allie's Tip:
When applying it to your cheeks, draw a line or a circle on each cheek. Let it sit for a few seconds, and then rub it in. This makes sure that it will last longer on your cheeks as oppose to on your fingertips. But be careful with this. If you let it sit as a line or circle for too long before rubbing it it, it will be hard to get the shape off your cheek!

No comments:

Post a Comment