Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Nook: The Perks of Being a Wallflower


So if you're a big reader like me, I am sure you have either read this, or at least heard of it. It's possibly one of the most amazing books I have ever read. If you ask anyone else who has read it, I can promise that they will say the same. It's a story about a boy. The entire book is composed of letters that he is writing to someone. You do not know who he's writing to, but it really doesn't matter. It's almost like a diary. It's about his life and his friends and family and just growing up. I highly recommend it. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the book:

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."

"Sam and Patrick looked at me. And I looked at them. And I think they knew. Not anything specific really. They just knew. And I think that's all you can ever ask from a friend."

"I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have."

"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."

No comments:

Post a Comment