Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"One Good Thing About Music..."


Bob Marley said it best. Music really does relieve pain and can turn your entire mood around. Well, that's the case for me anyway. I love every genre of music, but my favorite type is the kind I can listen to and relax and get into the lyrics. Here are SOME of my favorite songs to relax to. Not all though, because that list would be crazy and never ending. I also added my favorite lyric from each song. 


Mellow Mood by Slightly Stoopid
"When lovers part you know the sky must cry, write you love letters til my pen runs dry."

Blackbird by The Beatles
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly."


Wet Sand by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"I saw you there, so unaware, those hummingbirds all in you hair."

Taylor by Jack Johnson
"Well mommy's little dancer has quite a little secret, working on the streets now, never gunna keep it."

Vienna by Billy Joel
"Where's the fire, what's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out."

Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer
"Strike up the band, and make the fireflies dance, silver moon's sparkling. So kiss me."

Piano Man by Billy Joel
"He says, 'Son, can you play me a melody? I'm not really sure how it goes. But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes.'"

Jolene by Ray LaMontagne
"A picture of you, holding a picture of me, in the pocket of my blue jeans. Still don't know what love means."

Thinking of You by Katy Perry
"How do I get better once I've had the best, you said there's tons of fish in the water, so the waters I will test."

Do You Realize by the Flaming Lips
"Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die? And instead of saying all of your goodbyes, let them know you realize that life goes fast, it's hard to make the good things last."


"You know I've got this theory, there are two kinds of people in the world. There are lyric people and music people. You know, the lyrics people tend to be analytical. You know, all about the meaning of the song. They're the ones you see with the CD insert out like 5 minutes after buying it, pouring over the lyrics, interpreting the hell out of everything. Um, then there’s the music people, like Brooke. Who could care less for the lyrics as long as its just got like a good beat and you could dance to it. I don’t know, sometimes it might be easier to be a music girl and not a lyric girl. But since I’m not, let me just say this. Sometimes things find you when you need them to find you, I believe that. And for me its usually song lyrics." - Peyton Sawyer, One Tree Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment